Spring 2018 AAU High School Tryouts (Grades 9-11)
There will be two 90-minute tryout sessions for each grade. Players only have to attend one of the tryout sessions to be eligible to make a team but are able to attend both if they would like.
All tryouts will take place at the Charles River School in Dover, MA (6 Old Meadow Road).
Session 1 will be held on Tuesday March 6th.
Session 2 will be held on Wednesday March 7th.
Final rosters will be posted by March 9th.
Here are the specific tryout times for each grade:
- 9th Grade: Session 1 (March 6th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm & Session 2 (March 7th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- 10th Grade: Session 1 (March 6th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm & Session 2 (March 7th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- 1th Grade: Session 1 (March 6th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm & Session 2 (March 7th) from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
The cost to register for tryouts is $25 per player, which includes a t-shirt that every player will get to keep. Also, if a player makes one of our teams, that $25 fee will be deducted from their total season fee.
Our program is based out of Westwood, Massachusetts but our players come from towns and schools from all across the area. To see how our teams have done in past seasons, check our our the NESB History page.
Here are the boys teams that we will be having compete during the Spring 2018 season:
- 18U - West
- 15U - Holmes
- 14U - Douglass
- 13U - Kane
- 12U - May
- 11U - Tony
- 10U - Harris
- 9U - Harris (Black)
- 9U - Harris (Red)
Here are the girls teams that we will be having compete during the Spring 2018 season:
Our teams will be practicing in Westwood, Walpole, and Dover each week and will compete in a weekend tournament circuit with locations across Massachusetts.
Our program has had players form over 40 different cities and towns across New England, including: Boston, Braintree, Bridgewater, Brockton, Brookline, Canton, Dover, Easton, Fall River, Foxboro, Franklin, Holliston, Lincoln, Mansfield, Medfield, Medway, Milton, Needham, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Norton, Norwood, Pawtuckett, Plainville, Providence, Quincy, Randolph, Raynham, Sharon, SHerborn, Stoughton, Sudbury, Walpole, Waltham, Wellesley, Weston, Westwood, Weymouth, and Wrentham.
What makes the NESB program different from any other AAU program is our devoted, around-the-clock commitment to the development of our players. Our goal is to help each individual player achieve all of the goals that they set for themselves and will work tirelessly until those goals are met. We focus on teaching and emphasizing the fundamental skills of the game and developing them in a highly competitive atmosphere. Some of the benefits that the NESB program provides to their players can include:
- Instruction from a highly successful and devoted coaching staff to not only provide great basketball instruction but also a positive experience for the players
- Around-the-clock access to the entire coaching staff for help with any basketball-related questions / concerns
- Playing some of the top AAU basketball tournaments in the region to maximize exposure to college scouts as well as matching our players up against the best competition that the region has to offer
- Recruiting assistance available to players that re interested in pursuing a college career from coaches that have gone through that same process
- Access to an experienced MIAA referee to help with any questions regarding in-game rules
- Training / Conditioning programs available for all interested players
- Health / Nutrition programs available for all interested players
We are also excited to announce that some of the elite players in our program will have the opportunity to be selected to play for the NESB - Greater Boston All Stars and participate in a trip to Europe to play against some of the best talent in the world. The trip has been very successful in the past in greatly increasing the development of each player on the team, provide great exposure to college scouts, as well as providing a once in a lifetime opportunity for each player. The team is coached by former professional basketball player and very successful varsity head coach Steve St. Martin.
If NESB sounds like the AAU program for you, then please send us an email at NESpartanBasketball@gmail.com to find out how you can become a part of the NESB family.